Survey for School!

Friday, November 28, 2014

My Favorite Job

This week was one of the busiest weeks of the year at the bakery. Wednesday we made 120 dozen dinner rolls besides pumpkin pies, fruit pies, cream pies, cookies, cakes, cheese balls and loves of bread. 

Pumpkin rolls went hard and fast too but some of the other girls were able to make boxes and boxes of those earlier in the week. Most of the orders were before noon so even though I got home about 2:30 p.m., there were three girls there by five thirty a.m. and the two other girls and I were there by six a.m. It was loads of fun. It's like having a baking day with your best friends who pray before each meal and love the same God you do. I just keep realizing how blessed I am to have such a job. I know I've only had three jobs so far but I think this one will be hard to top.

I was at Aunt Margie's yesterday morning so everyone at home made the family thanksgiving dinner without me and I came home to a beautiful table set with lots of good food. Leftovers from this time of year are almost better than the big meal. We'll have sandwiches and sweet potatoes and cranberries the next few days. On Saturday Granddad and Granny will have the extended family feast but since this house is done with Thanksgiving, we are on to the next holiday.
Smooth Jazz Christmas music is playing. Mommy's Christmas Cactus is blooming. About half of my presents are bought or made. Plans are to put up the tree this afternoon. Debates are taking place about where it should be. And I only have one month left to get my act together for my trip around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment